Laser has the characteristics of monochromaticity, high brightness and collimation, and is widely used in various fields such as industrial production. Laser ranging is a method of distance measurement using laser technology. It calculates distance by measuring the time it takes for a laser pulse from a laser to reach the target and back.
Advantages of laser ranging:
- Laser ranging is a non-contact measurement, which does not require contact with the measurement surface, and the surface of the object will not deform.
- There will be no wear on the surface of the object being measured during laser ranging, and the operating cost is low and the efficiency is high.
- The laser ranging accuracy can reach 1 mm error, which is suitable for various high-precision measurement purposes.
- The sensor used in laser ranging is small, very lightweight and easy to use.
Applications of laser ranging:
- Metal cutting: In metal cutting applications, laser distance measuring equipment is installed on the cutting equipment to monitor the cutting length and perform accurate cutting.
- Bridge construction: The upper and lower decks of the bridge are monitored through laser ranging sensors to monitor whether the bridge is tilted or deformed.
- Orbital railway monitoring: including monitoring of railway infrastructure, railway tunnel deformation monitoring, debris flow monitoring of mountainous railway rock formations, etc.
Nowadays, laser ranging is widely used in various industries. After years of development, the function of laser ranging has become more and more perfect. I believe that laser ranging will develop faster and better in the future.